Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Blogger - Jeanne!

Welcome to ListedDistrict's newest contributor, Jeanne! Jeanne lives in Columbia Heights - Her most visited sites are Craigslist, the New York Times, Gilt, and Netflix, according to her browser. She has a knack for finding amazing items with promise - all under $100! She'll share these, along with some tips on how to spruce them up, regularly...thanks Jeanne!

Jeanne's Under $100 Finds:

Off-white mirror - $65.  I love the carved sides and cut-outs.  No refurbishing necessary. 

Honey Oak Bakers Rack - $80.  Not sold on this as is, but I think it has potential -- it's hard to pass up on a baker's rack, and it looks like it's in good shape.  Based on my personal cosmetic preferences, I'd paint the iron black and stain the wood an ashy, darker brown, or repaint it with a distressed french gray.  Maybe chalk paint.  And I'd replace the knobs with colorful, ceramic ones or dark handles/pulls. 

Unnecessary but novel (and still under $100)

Vintage accordion for repair or display - $29.  I don't play or 

Tabletop Wine Opener - $50.  

No comments:

Post a Comment