Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Southern Fried Furniture



When I see these classic relics of Americana a few things quickly come to mind:

Old people.
Sweet Tea.
Old people drinking sweet tea.
My parents (unrelated to previous 'old people' reference...)
Hot, quiet, Alabama summer nights.
The green, green grass of my Dad's backyard.
Hickory chips on the grill.

I could go on, but I won't...instead, I'd like to plop down in one of these vintage metal gliders or chairs with my glass of sweet tea (preferably served in a ridiculously large plastic cup leftover from a circa 1994 Auburn football game...). Any one of these Craigslist options would make my DC rowhouse feel miles away from the sirens of Georgia Avenue, the construction of Sherman Avenue, and, most disturbingly, the psychotic wailings of my ill-behaved seven year old neighbor...

No comments:

Post a Comment