Wednesday, January 18, 2012

$35 - Glass Insulators




A house is not a home if it doesn't reflect the life, loves, and personalities of those living in it. A home should be filled with things that tell the story of YOU - big or small, collections can be something that remind us of where we've been. My collection of McDonalds toys recently resurfaced from my Mother's attic - they remind me of bath time as a kid, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready (much to my Mother's chagrin) to give up the complete set of California Raisins and Berenstain Bears...


So as an adult (I think that's the first time I've ever called myself that...), I've started collections that are a bit more, well, adult. Greg and I have developed a love of glass insulators...they come in all shapes and sizes, each with a wonderful story that I can only begin to guess at. We find them in junk shops, estate sales, the side of the road, and even his old apartment's trash room. It's fun to find them together, building a memory with each one. Here's our budding collection displayed along the top of our built-in:


A quick search on Craigslist finds a beginner's collection for only $35. These would add some color and life to any window or shelf. What do you collect? When did you start your collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment