Tuesday, January 17, 2012

$125 - DIY Mid Century Table or Chair?



Here's an excellent, though not completely cheap, DIY opportunity for some brave soul. The ad is claiming that perhaps this is the base to an Eames Molded Chair...but comparing the two shapes, I think NOT (though it does look similar to this Eames Wire Base Table...). But with that said, I can imagine a ton of uses for this very cool base. Local salvage warehouses, like Community Forklift in Edmonston, MD, usually have a great selection of marble remnants on hand - find the right shape and you've got a great side table. Find a piece of slate, and maybe you've got something unique like this table on my beloved Modern 50. Some reclaimed, well loved wood would also do the trick. Plywood with a piece of mirror glued to the top? Chalkboard table? I could do this all day, but...

Hopefully you get the picture, the possibilities are endless. And if I were you, I'd try to talk the price WAY down - Eames is Eames and I don't think this is Eames...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/2787273952.html

1 comment:

  1. This is Eames. It is the 'cat's cradle' base, or low rod base.

    ReplyDelete