Tuesday, January 31, 2012

$1300 - Finn Juhl Lounge Chair


This Model 133 teak chair designed by Danish icon Finn Juhl would be a splurge for anyone...I couldn't help but post it. If you're looking to build a quintessential mid century collection, this is an excellent place to start. Prices on the interwebs are fairly varied, so I can't get a pulse on whether or not this price is about right - Architonic values it at $500 while eBay touts a single chair for $995 and a pair for a whopping $4,800. I'm sure the chair is in exellent shape if, as the ad claims, it has truly had only one owner since its purchase in 1957.

After Juhl's death, his commonlaw wife left their home untouched and it was eventually turned into a museum. Check out these pics from The Mid-Century Modernist. Architonic has a great selection of Juhl's prolific work as well. If I actually owned this, I wonder if I'd have a hard time letting anyone actually sit in it....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/2825550000.html

No comments:

Post a Comment